Sunday, July 11, 2010

Congratulations to the 6 Winners of 15-minute Writer Mentoring Sessions!

On Saturday, I offered a 15-minute phone mentoring session to the first 5 writers who signed up to follow my blog. Within a few moments, 12 people were following The Roving Editor. Five were Abingdon Press authors and one an agent I know well. They can call me anytime for advice. So that left 6 candidates. Since I couldn't discern who signed up first, I've decided to offer the mentoring phone sessions to all 6 of them.

Drumroll please. The winners are Julie Jarnigan, Wanda Dyson, Carrie Padgett, Julie Pollitt, Rebecca Vincent, and Jessica Nelson. Congratulations! I hope this call will be a turning point in your career.

I'm still in the process of setting up my website and official e-mail address, so winners, please contact me at nashvillescotts@comcast.net with your contact information, including an e-mail address and phone number. I can call you in the evening after 6 p.m. CST (Central Standard Time) or anytime on Saturday. Please let me know your date and time preference. I'm so excited to chat with you and answer any questions you might have about your writing careers!

Tomorrow's blog: Have you ever wondered what editors talk about among themselves? Stay tuned for the answer.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, everyone! Barbara is a wonderful person full of wisdom, good humor and grace. You'll love talking to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Barbara is the best. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re tomorrow's question: you mean editors don't get together and say mean things about authors? That's what the voices tell me. Oh, you can't hear them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! Jessica, don't forget to e-mail me at nashvillescotts@comcast.net with a good time to call. Congratulations!

    It's the paranoia creeping up on you, Richard. It happens to all good suspense writers. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of my favorite people are on that list! Congratulations to all the winners. Barbara's time is a very hot commodity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to all of you who will be chatting with Barbara. She's gonna rock your writing world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excuse me while I duck into this phone booth and change into my SuperWoman cape. LOL

    ReplyDelete