Monday, August 2, 2010

Winner of The Roving Editor Philly Fiction Workshop Registration Announced

CONGRATULATIONS!

Beth Glash, writing as Jenna Victoria, is the winner of a free registration for The Roving Editor Daylong Intensive Writing Workshop from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, August 21, at the Springton Lake Presbyterian Church in Newton Square, PA, near Philadelphia.

We received several entries, but Beth's short essay stood out from the rest. Here's what she wrote:

"I am astounded at the manic popularity of demons, vampires and explicit erotica. I know paranormal romance is 'in' but I am heartsick at its breadth. Who will stand in the gap? I feel a new calling that God wants me to write for His Kingdom, not for Satan’s. I am writing an inspirational romance series but frustrated by doubts and frozen by technical questions on converting my WIPs for the Christian market. A free registration to your workshop will mean I receive critical input for this new focus since I cannot afford to attend ACFW this year."
In the comments section, please join me in congratulating Beth on her winning entry. There are still a few spaces left for attendees. Cost of the daylong intensive fiction writing workshop is $159, which will include a light lunch. If you are interested in attending, please contact Joyce Magnin Moccero at jmagnin56@gmail.com.

10 comments:

  1. Beth, Congratulations. Barbara is a tremendously talented editor and teacher (and a nice person). Glad you're going to be attending.
    Oh, and Joyce Magnin is a "pretty fair country writer" (as we say in Texas), so listen to her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Beth! I will be looking forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Beth! May this take your writing for God's kingdom to the next level!

    I wish I lived close enough! But I hope to see you at the ACFW conference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Beth, this will be a remarkable experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Beth. Happy to know you'll now be able to attend this workshop with Barbara. I enjoyed reading your essay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Beth! I look forward to meeting you at the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - I logged onto my computer after about a week's absence - due to Florida vacation - and found this lovely news. As my hubby was admitted to Celebr@tion Hospital when we arrived, I truly needed a pick-me-up! Thank you SO much for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete