Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Roving Editor Is Out to Lunch

Literally. So I don't have any words of wisdom to post. It's Pub Board day, so I'm preparing my presentation and then having lunch with the Editor-in-Chief. The meeting starts at 1 p.m. CST in downtown Nashville, and I have no idea how long the marathon session will last. I'm presenting the Spring 2013 list, and believe it or not, I've prepared a Fall 2013 list.

As always, there will be give and take, lots of discussion and input from representatives in editorial, production, accounting, marketing, sales, and even the print buyer. Really? Really.

I'm not proud. I need your prayers for wisdom and for the Lord's leading in what we should publish. Some authors will be disappointed; some will be thrilled with the outcome. I will weep with those who weep, and I will laugh with those who laugh, because that's who I am.

Whatever happens in the meeting, I need to walk in knowing that I believe in every project and communicate my passion to those who will sit in judgment of every author's work.

Thanks for backing me up on the spiritual side. You're the best!

12 comments:

  1. Barbara, Be assured you'll be upheld in prayer by everyone who knows you and knows about this especially stressful day. Be blessed, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you have some very exciting news to impart to some authors later today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for God's wisdom and guidance for you and the entire team. Praying especially for peace and joy as each decision is made. And praying for those whose time has not yet come, that God will give them comfort and patience to wait for His perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for caring so much about every author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like today will provide you with great new Blog writing material. I am encouraged to see how prayer and God's guidance is central to this process. This is great comfort to me. I love writing in the CBA. I pray that He will bless your decisions in a mighty way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for everyone's prayers today. It gave me great comfort to know that the Lord heard every one of them. Agents and authors will be notified tomorrow.

    Now may the Lord bless each and every one of this blog's readers, and may He give you the desires of your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara: Just thought you'd enjoy this...I posted on FB, but I know you've been busy...

    from one of my students:

    "Being at war (Civil War) is harsh, especially in 19th century when no one has a battery-operated fan. It would be hot."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, you are in my prayers today, as well as the authors whose proposals are going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christa, I continue to be amazed by your students' answers. LOL And Rita, I'm praying for you and Paul as well.

    ReplyDelete